Friday, June 26, 2015

The Mission


Whelp...Looks like this will be my last blog post about my adventures in North Carolina. At the beginning of my mission I had the opportunity to be with another missionary for a short time who was going home in a week. While she was with us we stopped by one of her favorite members house. Their the member and the missionary talked about how she felt going home, and the member related to us how at the end of our mission it is very much like the ending scene from the "Lord of the Rings." This member would relate everything to the Lord of the Rings. She said, "And soon one day when you are gathered around a table with your old companions and people who you have served with. You will have the same look on your face as Frodo and the hobbits. The look of, nobody will truly understand what we went through." I can honestly say that nobody who hasn't served a mission could possibly understand what it was like. It is the most hardest, painful, and joyous experience I have ever had, and it is all worth it. I encourage anyone who is even considering going on a mission to go. It is an experience like no other that nothing in the world can compare too. I leave you with my testimony that I know this is the Lords work. And that we have been sent to this day and age to labor in his vineyard to help our brothers and sisters come closer to him and help them remember the children of God that they are. I love my mission, and I am grateful it has taught me that.


THE MISSION
Author Unknown

A mission is a strange experience, It is a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst, Yet, teaches you the best.

I've never been so happy, I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken, I've never felt so blessed.

I've never been so confused, Things have never been so clear.
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant, He's never been so near.

I've never been so discouraged, I've never been so full of hope.
I feel I could go on forever, I think I've come to the end of my rope.

I've never had it quite so easy, I've never had it quite so tough.
Things have never been so smooth, Things have never been so rough.

I've never traveled through more valleys, I've never ascended more peaks.
I've never met so many nice people. I've never met so many freaks!

I've never had so many ups, I've never had so many downs.
I've never work so many smiles, I've never had so many frowns.

I've never been so lonely, I've never had so many friends.
BOY, I hope this is over soon, GOSH, I hope this never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment