Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Right time, Right Place

I would like to take a moment and talk about my MTC experience. Although at first the rules felt very overwhelming and their was so much information coming at me that it was hard to follow, the MTC is the best part thus far from my mission. I loved my district they were absolutely the best! God could not have put me with a better group of friends. And I say this because I know that from my experiences in the MTC, these people will be my friends for life. I'm not ashamed to hide the fact that I have trouble opening up to people. This is very hard for me because I have been hurt so many times in my life, that I got to the point where I felt numb and felt like I couldn't care for anyone outside my family. I have a strong testimony that God wanted me to be with that particular group of people in the MTC. God knew that these people could teach me how to love again. I don't say love in an icky "I love you!" way. I say it in the same way that Christ, our savior, showed love for all of us. I will be loyal to these people for the rest of my life, because of that bond we shared. They taught me how to care again, and I am eternally grateful for that. I forgot what it felt like when the love you share is reciprocated. And what joy it is to feel that and share that pure love of Christ. I am not saying I am perfect, by no means do I think I am a pro at opening up my feelings right now. But I know that in time I will grow with the Lords help. I am so grateful for my MTC family. We ate together, grew together, and feasted on the Gospel of Christ together. We helped each other develop our own testimony's of the Savior and this Gospel by sharing each others personal stories. There are things I shared with my MTC family that some of my best friends at home don't even know. I LOVE these people. And in the words of Sandra Bullock from "Miss Congeniality" "If anyone hurts my new friends...I  will hunt them down, and I will hurt them." These people are so amazing that they don't even know the lengths they have gone, they can't even imagine what they have possibly given back to me. And I am so thankful for that. There has been a hole in my heart for a while that they filled. I feel complete. Trust in the Lord, follow his promptings to do what he wants you to do. That is when you will see the real miracles of God in your life.





No comments:

Post a Comment