Friday, January 10, 2014

Scripture Power

The other day I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life. My companion and I went to go visit two less active member's of the church to share with them a message and maybe a scripture about enduring to the end. While we were their we discovered that one of the people we were visiting was going through a rough time. Her fiance left her and her kid a few days ago. While we were their we shared with her 2 Nephi 31:19-20:
" 19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this straight and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save. 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold thus saith the Father; ye shall have eternal life." 
After we finished sharing this scripture she started to pour her heart out to us saying how she felt like God had wanted her to hear that specifically, because she heard something similar the other day. She continued to tell us how she will not lose her faith in God again. I then bore my testimony to her, telling her that what she had said was true. That God loves her and wants her to come to him and pray to him often, that he is waiting for her to talk to him. I continued to tell her that I could not promise her that life was going to get easier but that I could promise her that if she turns to her Father in Heaven often, and whenever she felt lost, that he would be their for her. I then continued to testify to her of the spirit that was in the room right then. It was so amazing! I have not felt the spirit that strong since I first got my prompting to go on a mission. She then responded and told me that I was right, and that she could feel the spirit and that she would not lose faith in her Father in Heaven again. 
I am thankful for that experience because I personally feel like that was an answer to a prayer. I have been waiting to have that same spiritual feeling on my mission. To know that what I am doing is truly what the Lord wants me to do. I feel so blessed to have been in that house at the right time and place. This is why I am here, to share with others the message of love that my Heavenly Father has for them. And how we all can return to live with our Father in Heaven through Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I am so thankful for the Atonement, because I know that when I screw up I can always repent and still work hard to return to live with my Father who is in Heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment